From Healthcare Robotics Wiki
Advait Jain (http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~advait)
Pictures of the Setup
This is the hardware setup that we use:
- Tilting servo: Robotis Servo (typically we use RX-28) http://www.crustcrawler.com/motors/RX28/index.php?prod=66
- This gives a serial interface to control the servo: http://www.crustcrawler.com/electronics/USB2Dynamixel/index.php?prod=65
- Hokuyo UTM. (http://www.acroname.com/robotics/parts/R314-HOKUYO-LASER4.html)
- Bracket to mount the Hokuyo on to the servo.
- This is a custom part that we have designed.
- The solidworks file will be uploaded soon. This requires Solidworks 2009.
- We have taken two routes for making the bracket
- ROS (http://www.ros.org)
- You will need the following ROS packages from our public ROS repository (available at http://code.google.com/p/gt-ros-pkg/wiki/hrl_content_summary)
- hrl_hokuyo (requires hokuyo_node - http://www.ros.org/wiki/hokuyo_node)