PR2 Tool Adapter
From Healthcare Robotics Wiki
Revision as of 14:16, 25 May 2011 by Advaitjain
Advait Jain (http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~advait), Advisor: Prof. Charlie Kemp
What this does
Adapter that can be used to have the PR2 grab onto different tools. This was inspired by the method used to enable PR2s to grasp flags at the 'PR2 graduation event'.
- We designed the hook in Solidworks and printed it on a 3D printer.
- We also stuck some rubber on the hook. This can be seen in the images of the actual hook. The 3D printed hook is white and the rubber is black in color. We have bought the rubber sheets from http://mcmastercarr.com and used superglue to stick the rubber to the hook.
- The mounting holes in the base of the hook match an ATI Mini40 force torque sensor. (http://www.ati-ia.com/products/ft/ft_models.aspx?id=Mini40)
- ROS (http://www.ros.org)
- The code that we used to enable the robot to open drawers and doors using this hook as the end effector can be downloaded from our ROS repository. You will need the following ROS packages from our public ROS repository (available at http://code.google.com/p/gt-ros-pkg/wiki/hrl_content_summary)
- code_publications/2009_humanoids_epc_pull (http://code.google.com/p/gt-ros-pkg/source/browse/#svn/trunk/hrl/code_publications/2009_humanoids_epc_pull)