From Healthcare Robotics Wiki
Revision as of 20:20, 30 June 2010 by Haidai
This is the landing page for collecting PR2 related information useful for the Georgia Tech PR2 team. More information on our project can be found in Willow's blog post here.
- The PR2 must always be attended while operating.
- Follow all Willow safety instructions (see links in the reference section)
- No screws
- No liquids
- No sharp objects
- Don't place stuff on top of the robot (ever!)
- Don't put fingers where they don't belong
- Always have the wireless run-stop in hand before running the robot.
- When leaving for the night, taking long breaks, etc:
- Activate the back run-stop
- Activate the wireless run-stop
- Place the wireless run-stop, and PS2 gamepad on the base station table.
- Plug the robot into an empty wall socket. As the PR2 draws a great deal of power, there is a risk of fire if you plug it into an overloaded socket.
- Be wary of the grippers and wrist joints as they are normally fairly stiff and have a number of pinch points.