From Healthcare Robotics Wiki
Revision as of 11:06, 27 August 2012 by Pgrice
This is the landing page for collecting PR2 related information useful for the Georgia Tech PR2 team. More information on our project can be found in Willow's blog post here.
- Go through the PR2 safety training as detailed on the PR2 Safety wiki papge before using the robot.
- Safety Officer: Phillip Grice, Phillip DOT Grice AT gatech DOT edu
- The PR2 must be attended while operating.
- Always have the wireless run-stop in hand before running the robot.
- Follow all Willow safety instructions (see links in the reference section)
- No screws
- No liquids
- No sharp objects
- Don't place stuff on top of the robot (ever!)
- Don't put fingers where they don't belong
- When leaving for the night, taking long breaks, etc:
- Activate the back run-stop
- Activate the wireless run-stop
- Place the wireless run-stop, and PS2 game pad on the base station table.
- Plug the robot into an empty wall socket (IMPORTANT). As the PR2 draws a great deal of power, there is a risk of fire if you plug it into an overloaded socket.
- Plug a live network cable into its WAN port
- Place the robot in an appropriate holding area:
- The preferred location is in the living room area of the lab. Please note that areas near doorways and tight corridors are especially inappropriate as it is nearly impossible/dangerous for untrained personnel to move the robot.
- Make sure that there isn't anything that will be knocked over/damaged if the robot needs to calibrate.
- Record faults/exceptions/issues that you spend any significant time fixing on this wiki.
- Be wary of the grippers and wrist joints as they are normally fairly stiff and have a number of pinch points.
- Email gt-pr2 if you make any software changes to the robot that will affect others (config files, ROS binaries, default launch files, etc).
- Consult Hai/Advait/Charlie before making any changes to the robot's hardware.
- Other student's time are important. Try to minimize interruptions.
- If you have a question or problem, please Google first before blurting it out in the lab.
- If that fails then consult the wikis and mailing list histories (ros-users, pr2-users, pr2-admins, opencv etc).
- Then, if the matter is not urgent, send an email (to the appropriate list) as this allow others to schedule when to deal with your issue. Be sure to do your homework and detective work before doing so.
- Your time is important. Know when to ask others for help.
- Monty FT
- PR2 Names
- PR2 Willow Meetings
- PR2 Getting Started
- HRL PR2 Setup
- PR2/ROS/HRL Related Issues
- PR2 Problems
- PR2 Arm Control
- CBS Demo
- GT-PR2 mailing list.
- Personnel Contact Information
- Hai Nguyen is the admin.
- Advait Jain is our safety officer.
- Runnable code/demos
- GT's PR2 has "ears". To fold them back upon powerup, use:
python `rospack find gt_pr2`/pr2_ears_stow_startup.py
Using the PR2 for course projects
- List of courses that use ROS at other schools is here. This might provide some useful pointers to students.
- HRI 2011