From Healthcare Robotics Wiki
Revision as of 21:45, 12 January 2012 by Advaitjain
- It appears to run faster than VNC.
- Advait copied the steps from here
- These might not be terribly secure. Please read the original page for tips on making this secure.
- sudo apt-get install python-software-properties
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:freenx-team
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install freenx
- In a temporary folder:
- wget https://bugs.launchpad.net/freenx-server/+bug/576359/+attachment/1378450/+files/nxsetup.tar.gz
- tar -xvf nxsetup.tar.gz
- sudo cp nxsetup /usr/lib/nx/nxsetup
- sudo /usr/lib/nx/nxsetup --install
- Now install the client:
- sudo apt-get install qtnx
- The installation would also have started the nx server.
- to run the client, type this in a terminal: