From Healthcare Robotics Wiki
Marc found this tool and recommended it to Advait (who is writing this). We have used this instead of glc to capture videos from rviz.
- better quality and color in the videos
- Can noticeably slow down the machine running it.
- sudo apt-get install gtk-recordmydesktop
- follow the instructions on the gui, you might want to change location where the file is saved etc.
- The saved video file is an ogv. Convert to something else using mencoder:
- mencoder video.ogv -ovc xvid -xvidencopts pass=1 -o video.avi