From Healthcare Robotics Wiki
Revision as of 14:35, 1 June 2012 by Advaitjain
Marc found this tool and recommended it to Advait (who is writing this). We have used this instead of glc to capture videos from rviz.
- better quality and color in the videos
- entire desktop gets recorded, so will need a decent video editor
- sudo apt-get install gtk-recordmydesktop
- follow the instructions on the gui, you might want to change location where the file is saved etc.
- The saved video file is an ogv. Convert to something else using mencoder:
- mencoder video.ogv -ovc xvid -xvidencopts pass=1 -o video.avi